Last month was awards season (congratulations to all the winners and finalists) and, as I often get asked to judge accountancy awards, I thought I’d share some hints for those thinking of entering next year.
- Just like in exams you need to RTQ, read the question, and answer what is actually being asked.
- Evidence your claims. If you say something you should have evidence to support it.
- Do not just cut and paste your marketing blurb or let the marketing department fill in the application. Judges need facts not spin.
- If you have the money it is worth using an experienced copywriter who will be able to use appealing words. But do make sure they follow points 2 and 3.
- If you don’t enter you’ll never know if you might have won.