Tax tip

Paperwork (or the digital equivalent) is important

If you are running a limited company it is important that you don’t take any money out of the business without the correct paper trail. The company is a separate legal entity from the director/shareholder. It’s a bit like taking money out of your mother’s purse without permission.

The sort of paperwork you would need is:
– Salary needs a payslip
– Dividends need a minute and a tax voucher (contact us if you need a template)
– Interest payments (if appropriate) need a form CT61 filed with HMRC
– Expenses should be accompanied by receipts and a mileage log
– Pension payments should be paid directly to the pension provider

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.