This week I have been up in Scotland speaking about social media and how small businesses can use it to punch above their weight. It’s also a great way for introverts to network.
Here are some of the actions that I suggested:
- Update your headshots so that you are recognisable
- Review your introductory information. I like to add a little personal thing to get conversation started eg I’m a triathlete and a tea addict.
- Arrange to meet one of your online connections in real life to deepen the relationship
- Next time you attend a face to face networking event connect with everybody you spoke to online so that you can sustain those initial relationships
- Ignore ‘the algorithm’ which is just trying to promote good content and genuine relationships. Instead focus on creating good content and genuine relationships