Some businesses were founded during a recession:
Disney, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Hudson Business Accountants and Advisers.
No matter how bad things are, we all have to do the right things in order to produce the best possible results:
- Build robust internal systems for maximum efficiency
- Recruit a service focused team to be the friendly human interface between these systems and clients
- Be clear on who our ideal customers are and focus our marketing accordingly
- Have consistent marketing and sales systems rather than relying on good luck
- Nurture our clients through the early days and reward loyalty
- Look after ourselves in order to look after everyone and everything else in the business (it’s why I write so much about self care)
- Look after our team (whether employees, subcontractors or outsourced) so that they will look after our business
- Get your pricing right
If you can manage through the tough times you will be a roaring success in the good times.